[Video] This Suppressed Ruger Is SO QUIET You’ll Have To Turn Up The Volume To Hear It
The Ruger company recently announced a new addition to the heir apparent of the Standard — the Ruger Mark IV. And shooters in a couple specific niches are certain to be excited with what Ruger has cooked up for its ever-evolving line of rimfire semi-automatics.
To hang the moniker “tactical” on a firearm nowadays, there typically have to be two elements present: a threaded barrel and rails. This Mark IV has both in spades. The 4.4-inch barrel has a 1/2”-28 thread pattern, making it suppressor or flash suppressor ready out of the box.
It is outfitted with Picatinny rails situated over the receiver and below the barrel, giving shooters the ultimate in configuration options. While it is ready to accept anything from a reflex to a laser sight or other tactical accessory, the 22/45 Tactical is also equipped to place precision shots without an upgrade using the pinned front and fully adjustable rear sights.
Ruger modeled the rimfire’s polymer-framed grip feel and angle off its centerfire SR1911, giving shooters an intuitive purchase on the handgun that fills the entire palm. And while they can be swapped out for another option, the rubberized grip panels are meant to facilitate a positive grip on the gun no matter the elements.
The 10+1 capacity pistol also has all the design points that made the Mark IV series a big leap forward. Chief among these is the one-button takedown system, allowing the upper receiver to tilt forward and be removed to disassemble the gun from one simple control.
- MODEL NUMBER: 40150
- CALIBER: 22 LR
- MaterialAlloy Steel
- Front SightFixed
- Barrel Length4.40″
- Grip FrameAluminum
- GripsCheckered Synthetic
- Rear SightAdjustable
- Barrel StyleThreaded
- Weight34.6 oz.
- Overall Length8.50″
- Twist1:16″ RH
- CA ApprovedNo
- MA Approved & CertifiedNo
- Suggested Retail$569.00
- Simple, one-button takedown for quick and easy field-stripping and proper chamber to muzzle cleaning.
- A recessed button in the back of the frame allows the upper receiver to tilt up and off of the grip frame without the use of tools.
- One-piece, precision CNC-machined grip frame.
- Ergonomic bolt stop.
- Smoothly contoured, comfortable grip features natural pointing grip angle with replaceable, checkered grip panels for a non-slip hold.
- Internal cylindrical bolt construction ensures permanent sight to barrel alignment and higher accuracy potential than conventional moving slide designs.
- Contoured ejection port and easy-to-grasp bolt ears allow for durable and reliable operation round after round.
- Accurate sighting system features adjustable rear sight and drilled and tapped receiver for Weaver- or Picatinny-style rail for easy mounting of optics.
- Ambidextrous manual safety positively locks the sear in the “SAFE” position when applied. Safety can be converted to left-side only with included washer.
- Features a conveniently located push-button magazine release on the left side of the frame.
- Magazine drops free on release for faster reloading.
- Magazine disconnect prevents discharge when the magazine has been removed.
- Also includes: two, 10-round magazines.
- Threaded barrel and top and bottom Picatinny rails for attaching tactical accessories.
Ruger Mark IV Tactical Suppressed
????Listen closely????: Is the Ruger Mark IV Tactical the best .22LR suppressor host? What do you think? (We think it is.)More cool vids: www.youtube.com/c/9holereviewsRuger Ruger Forum
Posted by 9-Hole Reviews on Monday, February 5, 2018
GET MORE STORIES LIKE THIS
IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up for our daily email and get the stories everyone is talking about.