Ex-Senator Claire McCaskill Demands ALL Newspapers Cease Criticizing Biden, Fact-Check Trump Every Day On Front Page (Video)
Who doesn’t like a good outdoors show? As a kid growing up back in the early to mid 1960’s, I remember sitting in front of the television and watching “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” on a Sunday evening and afterwards, came “Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color “. Occasionally, that show aired some wonderful wildlife documentaries and I enjoyed them immensely.
Today however, everything seems to have “shock value”, what with the introduction of the “Reality Show” on television. This “shock value” has spread to many different types of television shows, everything from relationships, to wildlife shows. While I still like to watch wildlife programs, I think today, that many of the hosts take too many chances when they interact with wild animals, case in point, Coyote Peterson. While I do like his videos, I think he takes too many chances and, as you’ll see below, sometimes, they are painful and even life threatening.
About the Gila Monster:
The Gila monster is a species of venomous lizard native to the southwestern United States and the northwestern Mexican state of Sonora. A heavy, typically slow-moving lizard, up to 60 cm long, the Gila monster is the only venomous lizard native to the United States. The Gila monster is one of only a handful of venomous lizards in the world. Others include the similar-looking Mexican beaded lizards, as well as iguanas and monitor lizards. Its venom is a fairly mild neurotoxin. And though a Gila bite is extremely painful, none has resulted in a reported human death.
On this episode of Breaking Trail, Coyote receives the WORST animal bites of his life when he is “accidentally” bitten by the only venomous lizard in the United States, the Gila Monster! Known for having one of the most painful bites in the world, Coyote talks about his body’s reaction to the Gila’s venom and how he dealt with this injury while being out in Arizona’s Sonoran Desert.
I know this may sound just a tad bit redundant, but kids…DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME.
H/T – Wikipedia & National Geographic