WATCH As PISSED OFF Patriot Mom Cuts Loose, Holds NOTHING Back After Teacher TAPES Filthy Mask Onto Kids Face- My Blood Is BOILING
When it comes to large caliber revolvers there’s always the question; is a longer barrel better, or is a shorter barrel more to your liking?? Well, let’s state the obvious, the one with the longer barrel is easier to handle that’s for sure, but since we’re talking about a 500 magnum, having a shorter barrel is going to kick like a Missouri Mule and that’s just a fact!!
Now, we’ve done a couple of articles here at Great American Outdoors on big-frame large caliber snub-nose revolvers and the response has been pretty good, but speaking for myself, I’m not a big fan of them. I personally don’t like them, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t good guns, I believe it’s a personal preference thing. But, all we’re trying to do is give you the readers, all of the information we can about them, so you can make-up your own mind.
So, what we’re going to do is let you watch the video and beneath it, we’re going to provide you with all of the statistics from the manufacturer and let you decide if this is the kind of gun that you would like to own.
In 2003 the gunsmiths and engineers at Smith & Wesson wanted to deliver maximum power for serious handgun hunters. The power they sought required an entirely new frame, the massive “X-Frame™,” and was the basis for the new Model S&W500™, the most powerful production revolver in the world. This ushered in the era of the “big gun” and was only the beginning. For ultimate power and velocity there’s nothing even close to an X-Frame model handgun.
• Most powerful production revolver in the world today
• Massive .500 S&W Magnum cartridge 2600 ft/lb. muzzle energy
• A hunting handgun for any game animal walking
• Recoil tamed with effective muzzle compensator
• Internal Lock
• Ultimate defensive carry and dangerous game backup handgun
• Easily removeable muzzle compensator for different recoil reduction effects and to accomodate different types of ammunition
• Comes with 2 compensators; 1 for lead bullet and 1 for jacketed bullet ammunition
• Muzzle energy capability in excess of 2000 ft/lb. in a 56 oz. package
• Includes two muzzle brakes. One for use with Jacketed Bullets and one for use with Lead Bullets.