I very seldomly get excited about a shotgun, but I have to admit, this one is pretty darn cool! Alot of different gun manufacturers are going outside of their comfort zone and are doing different things and this new shotgun by Smith & Wesson is proof of that.
What I’m going to do, is place the specs of the S&W M&P 12 here, so that you can look them over for yourself and afterwards, make your own decision as to whether or not this shotgun is for you okay?
Here are the specs directly from Smith & Wesson:
Designed for home protection, the M&P12 shotgun is packed with features in a compact, maneuverable package. Chambered in 12 gauge, the M&P12 offers maximum ammo adaptability to suit the needs of the user and accepts a combination of standard 2 ¾”, 3” magnum, and mini-shell loads. The M&P12 also features an ergonomic M&P grip, ambidextrous controls, picatinny-style rail, and more.
MADE IN USA6 rounds (3” shells) per tube (2 independent tubes)7 rounds (2-3/4” shells) per tube (2 independent tubes)
Reciprocating cover with release button for clearing damaged shells
• Assist buttons on each magazine tube to make loading/unloading easier
• Push button magazine tube selector
• Ammo adaptability
• Two independent magazine tubes
• Tactile loaded chamber indicator
• M&P grip with four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts
• Ambidextrous safety selector
• Picatinny-style rail on top for sights/optics
• M-LOK® slots on barrel shroud
• 15-inch cable lock
• Foam-lined, hard, carry case
• Choke tube wrench
• Modiﬁed and cylinder choke tubes included (Rem® Choke compatible threads)
• Ambidextrous QD push button base on the buttstock
Specs12490M&P®1212 Ga6 rounds (3” shells) per tube (2 independent tubes), 7 rounds (2-3/4” shells) per tube (2 independent tubes)YesMatte BlackAmbidextrous safety selector27.8Pump ActionSynthetic Fixed StockM&P with Four Interchangeable Palmswell Grip Inserts4140 Chrome-Moly Vanadium Steel19″132.8 oz.
Now that you have had a chance to look these specs over for yourself, now check-out the video below.
H/T – smith-wesson.com