I’ve been getting some requests from some of my ‘Survivalist’ buddies, they complained that I didn’t publish enough material about survivalism and the equipment one would need, if the time ever arose that a ‘bug-out’ became necessary, so, to all of you survivalist’s out there, this is for you.
Whether you’re camping, going on a cross-country road trip or live in an area prone to natural disasters, an emergency survival kit could save your life — or help you save a life. The thing about emergency gear is… that once you need it, you won’t be able to get it.
Even if you reasign yourself to a soul-sucking panic run to Walmart with the rest of the hordes, you’ll be in stiff competition for the limited remaining stock. So, plan ahead so you have everything on hand in advance. Packing an emergency kit — a smart combination of tools and supplies that can sustain your family and keep you relatively comfortable in case of a crisis — is an integral part of any disaster preparedness plan.
While pre-assembled emergency kits from retailers like Amazon and Walmart as well as startups like Judy and Preppi exist, we think no one knows better than you what your family will need in the event of an evacuation or crisis.
Ready-to-buy packs won’t include diapers, your passports, or your backup pair of glasses. Packing your own DIY kit means you can control the quality of the items included, like choosing a solar-powered phone charger instead of a one-time charger block or investing in a portable water purifier instead of opting to lug heavy gallon-size jugs of water.
To help you find the best emergency survival gear, I researched and asked survivalists, preppers, bushcrafters, homesteaders, and emergency professionals about their favorite things to always have on-hand — and their advice to make your bug-out the best it can possibly be.
Here are their suggestions:
1. TITAN MIL-SPEC WarriorCord
2. Work Sharp Micro Knife Sharpener and Tool
3. AquaQuest Waterproof Heavy-Duty Defender Tarp
4. MAGLITE Tactical Backpack
5. RapidPure Universal Purifier Bottle Adapter Water Purifier
6. KEA KIT The Outdoor Survival System For Any Adventure
7. Complete Earthquake Bag – 3 Day Emergency kit for Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Wildfires, Floods
8. Hoxida USB Rechargeable Flashlight
9. Go Time Gear Life Bivy Emergency Sleeping Bag Thermal Bivvy
10. Surviveware Survival Fire Starter with Emergency Whistle