Semi Automatic Rifles
Watch As Our Old Buddy Hickok45 Takes His New Ruger Mini-30 To The Range
For those of you who are familiar with the Mini-14 by Ruger, you know that is an incredibly well made and reliable rifle. It is literally a scaled-down version of the M-14, but instead of firing the 7.62 NATO cartridge, it fires the .223 (or 5.56) caliber round.
Well, the Mini-30 fires the old Soviet 7.62×39, the same round used in the AK-47. So, if you’re fan and owner of an AK-47, then your Ruger Mini-30 can fire that same ammunition. I know that might seem a little redundant, if you already own an AK, then why on earth would you spend your money to by the Mini-30? We’re just speaking hypothetically here.
The Ruger Mini-30 is definitely a first-rate rifle, it’s just a fun rifle because of its compact size, trivial weight, and beefy caliber. It’s also very practical for several situations like hunting (especially ‘Hog’ hunting), plinking, and self-defense.
Here is some info on this rifle from Ruger’s website ruger.com:
- Stock: Hardwood
- Front Sight: Blade
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Barrel Length: 18.50″
- Overall Length: 37.50″
- Capacity: 5-20
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Matte Stainless
- Thread Pattern: N/A
- Twist: 1:10″ RH
- Weight: 7 lb.
- Length of Pull: 13″
- Grooves: 6
Suggested Retail: $1319.00
- Simple, rugged, Garand-style action with breech bolt locking system, a fixed-piston gas system and self-cleaning moving gas cylinder gives unparalleled reliability under harsh operating conditions.
- Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.
- Integral scope mounts, machined directly on the solid steel receiver, provide a stable mounting surface for included scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field.
- Accurate sighting system with ghost ring rear aperture sight and a non-glare, protected blade front sight.
- Receiver is drilled and tapped for mounting the included Picatinny rail.
- Also includes: two magazines; Picatinny rail; scope rings.
Now that you’ve checked-out the specs, sit back as Hickok45 does some plinking down range.
GET MORE STORIES LIKE THIS
IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up for our daily email and get the stories everyone is talking about.